Expat's Voice Advert
Home Register Forum Articles Ask An Attorney Games Arcade Our Sponsors Our Petition
Welcome guest! Have we helped?
separating bar
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Go Back   Expat's Voice > General > Entertainment
Groupons, coupons, living social etc. etc.

Forum section: Entertainment - Discuss entertainment (TV, movies, radio) and entertaining/funny items.  -  Use English only please.

Entertainment Discuss entertainment (TV, movies, radio) and entertaining/funny items.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:20 PM     #1
dip your toe
Gullible Mad Orater

dip your toe has disabled reputation
Default Groupons, coupons, living social etc. etc.

Mrs DYT driving me mad with her latest obsession. Have to say though, shes doing very well with her buying, even getting some stuff free.

This couponing thing seems to be all the craze at the moment, there's even a TV programme on it I believe, and coupon swapping clubs and I'm told some folks collect them and sell them on ebay!!!

A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - Paul Simon
dip your toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:15 AM     #2
Kriz1
[Expat's Voice Team]

Kriz1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Groupons, coupons, living social etc. etc.

I just used our $$ store that cut my bill in half..we get 25% off our shopping because my daughter works in the supermarket..but I still find shopping in wally world cheaper for a lot of things and we do that once every 6 to 9 weeks..I have a store room so I only buy things on offer
apart from eggs milk and bread..

It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis.
Kriz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:48 PM     #3
anniefromessex

Homeland: U.K.
anniefromessex is on a distinguished road

I think we are all tightening our belts at the mo; electricity and gas prices over here are going up astronomically - just where people are going to get the money to pay to keep warm in the winter is up for discussion. Tbh until now have never really experienced too much of a problem but have noticed food prices going up just lately. Having said that whenever we go out of a weekend - went for a long weekend to Hythe in Kent and everywhere was heaving - the week before went to Southend and couldn't even get parked up so getting mixed signals, unless people are so fed up they are saying sod it, lets enjoy it while we can - who knows?!!!

Love Anniexxx
anniefromessex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:22 AM     #4
Kriz1
[Expat's Voice Team]

Kriz1 is on a distinguished road

we spend more money traveling but not spending once we get there...Just got my summer gas bill $32 just 2 years ago it was $12..$14 used gas the rest to bring it to the house..even if we use no gas its nearly $9 a month when did they bring back the standing charge,,that was dropped 12 years ago when they conned people into a delivery charge one that was never going to be more than the gas used...glad I have a wood fire..

It is only possible to live happily ever after on a day-to-day basis.
Kriz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:10 AM     #5
Susie
[Expat's Voice Team]

Homeland: London
Susie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniefromessex View Post
I think we are all tightening our belts at the mo; electricity and gas prices over here are going up astronomically - just where people are going to get the money to pay to keep warm in the winter is up for discussion. Tbh until now have never really experienced too much of a problem but have noticed food prices going up just lately. Having said that whenever we go out of a weekend - went for a long weekend to Hythe in Kent and everywhere was heaving - the week before went to Southend and couldn't even get parked up so getting mixed signals, unless people are so fed up they are saying sod it, lets enjoy it while we can - who knows?!!!

Love Anniexxx

Hi Annie, Hope your both well

I think people are fed up and saying sod it! but maxing their credit cards to do so

America is in trouble and cannot pay their debts, so they are looking at all sorts to cut costs and raising taxes for people who earn $250,000 pa or more

I do not think even Obama earns that much. It would be interesting to find out exactly what his salary is and does he pay rent to live in the white house anyone know the answer????

Please note I am not a lawyer but want to be so this is just IMHO
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:31 AM     #6
Susie
[Expat's Voice Team]

Homeland: London
Susie is on a distinguished road

Anyone know of a website that you can download coupons

Please note I am not a lawyer but want to be so this is just IMHO
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote