Expat's Voice Advert
Home Register Forum Articles Ask An Attorney Games Arcade Our Sponsors Our Petition
Welcome guest! Have we helped?
separating bar
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Go Back   Expat's Voice > Expat's Voice Encyclopedia Articles > Immigration & Emmigration Articles
Sometimes it pays to complain

Forum section: Immigration & Emmigration Articles - Reference articles on how to move to your dream country.  -  Use English only please.
This forum is for reference and how-to articles, like you would find in an encylopedia. If you have a question, or what to discuss about immigration or being an expatriate, please click on the appropriate link below:

Immigration help.       Expatriate help.

Immigration & Emmigration Articles Reference articles on how to move to your dream country.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 06:30 PM     #1
maddy

Homeland: Bournemouth, England
maddy is on a distinguished road
Default Sometimes it pays to complain

After writing to the Department of State complaining about the NVC, we have just received a check for $870 as reimbursement for filing an I-130 which had been made void during the waiting period for the visa to become current. The NVC had informed us that the visa was still valid but the US Embassy in London picked up the error a week before our daughter's interview.
Also, after having tried unsuccessfully for two years to get our mortgage remodified, I wrote to the Attorney General's office complaining of unprofessional customer service, dropped calls, loss of paperwork etc etc. They managed to get a specific caseworker assigned to us and we have now been given a remodified loan.
I find it a constant battle to get anything done over here, and very time consuming, but it does pay off sometimes if you're persistent!!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:09 PM     #2
JulieC

JulieC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sometimes it pays to complain

Well done on both counts. It proves perseverance counts. Some of the banks seem to delight in messing people who are trying to do loan modifications about, they seem to put every obstacle in your way, so really nice to get a result on that one.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:34 PM     #3
byjove
[Expat's Voice Team]

Homeland: UK
byjove is on a distinguished road

Excellent news. After fighting for 2 years we are giving up, I am soo tired and the new no-kill animal shelter I am involved with has just bought premises that needs a caretaker the house has been offered to us with the option to buy later. It gets their costs down i.e. electric and taxes and it helps us out.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:10 PM     #4
anniefromessex

Homeland: U.K.
anniefromessex is on a distinguished road

Good luck Jill. In every cloud there is a silver lining, so lets hope this is yours!!!

Love Anniexxx
Closed Thread